Saturday, September 8, 2007

Horocious lines!!!

Okay, I have a bad habit of making up words and tonight I thought up a pretty good one! Danielle likes to laugh at them but I just want some opinions on the matter. horocious, "her-oh-shus" meaning something really bad, a combination of atrocious and horrendous. This one came up while we were walking from the car into Broulims grocery store to pick up some pop cycles and I was referring to the bad lines with a new semester of college kids and their mothers. I dont really think these things through or anything, or give them much thought, they just kind of come out. And I thought this one was pretty good. So tell me what you think, could it work?
Clay

6 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

I feel a little ridiculous saying this, but I think it's a good word, though no one will ever no what you're talking about until you explain it. I often make up words myself. I used to say, "If you understand my meaning, then I can say it." I'll often say something and Greg will reply, "Megan that isn't a word." And I'm instantly insulted that he underestimates my intelligence and thinks that I THINK it really is a word.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I love it! I think it is a great one and really gets the feeling across!!!
Amazingly enough, I didn't think about what two words it was,but I did think of something horrible.

:-)

Steve/Dad/Grandpa said...

Clay, sometime ask your mother in law what the word "prauy" means.
Steve

AMY AND MIKEY said...

hahahah to dads comment. Ok- I thought that was a real word. Cause I swear I've said it or heard it before- one of the two. It sounds like a word that is real. Automatically I read that word and thought- "awful" or "disgusting." So obviously - I have no issues with the word. I do make up words myself also. Growing up I said, "Hyshafalyncha." Just ask danielle how it's pronounced, she'll know what I'm talking about! hehehhe. And ask her- I said it all the time- I said it for alot of different reasons come to think of it. I said it when I was thinking "oh man, I can't beleive this!" or "oh brother!"(in an upset tone) or "oh my gosh, i can't believe that!" or- "crap!" like when you want to swear. So- I really dont' know what it means- because i used it for alot of things. I think it's great that you say heroshus, I thought it was a real word.

Emily said...

Okay, so I think it looks like a word too...it didn't even look weird to me when I said it. I am all for making up words, and I think you've got a winner there!

Lizzie said...

It sounds like a real word to me. And I'm with everyone else...I got the meaning without you even explaining it...which is impressive on your part. Shad and I can hardly contain ourselves on the prospect that you might end up down here. We would LOVE it.