Sunday, August 12, 2007

Trip to Utah with the Leslies!

So Aliese and Anna had a joint "bean jar". This bean jar was the type that everytime they did something GOOD-they got a bean put into it. Everytime they did something BAD a bean got taken out! Once the bean jar was full, they got to go to Lagoon! So they were planning on going as a family- Rebecca, Darin, Aliese, Anna, and Gracie. BUT- Darin felt he should stay for work and to work on the yard. Rebecca suggested that they pay my way, so darin doesn't have to go and so Rebecca has help with the kids! I graciously accepted the offer!

The trip went as follows:

Tuesday around 4 pm we left Firth. We stopped at IHOP (which happens to be one of my favorite places to eat!!!) and had lovely meals. We then went to our hotel and it was pretty late by then actually and the girls were just INLOVE with the hotel when we got there. The door opened to our room and Anna's exact words were, "Well this is just lovely!" Both Anna and Aliese thought the hotel was wonderful. They wanted to go swimming in the pool- so Aliese, Anna and I went swimming. There were 4 boys who I think were french swimming while we were there- they were interesting to observe. They just kept laughing and drowning eachother and laughing more. I wasn't much disturbed until the eldest got out of the water and had the biggest stomach I'd ever seen-really- and he was wearing a speedo! I was worried for the girls eyes. Thank goodness, I think they were just playing and having a good time.

The next day we went to Lagoon! It was very VERY fun. We went on rides, and to Lagoon A Beach- it had lots of things for kids so the girls had a BLAST! Poor Gracie- the first ride she went on was a little more scary than the rest and she reFUSED- absolutely would not let us take her on another. She kept saying "no rides, no rides". So we did take quite a few pictures of her being that Rebecca or I were with her while the girls were on the rides. We switched turns. She was a very good girl the whole day though! Very calm. We also got to go to the funnest musical thing. It reminded me of the Playmill- those of you who know what that is- to my family- it is the place we saw 7 brides for 7 brothers at the reunion. Anyway- it was just a bunch of young people and it was Broadway. They just sang a bunch of songs from broadway in a row. No plot- just song after song. They were VERY good and very entertaining! The girls loved it, as did Rebecca and I.

The next day we went to this Childrens Treehouse Museum. It was soooooo cool. Perfect for little kids. It was basically a huge playhouse. There was a pretend schoolhouse, a tepee, castle, doll house, craft corner, and a TON more. All of these places had dress up clothes too. Unfortunately, this is the place that my camera DIED. I got a couple pics- but there were way more cute things.

After this, we got ice cream at a parlor that was built in 1920! It was still old looking and way awesome:) Then we headed out for the Myan. That is the coolest restaurant EVER. I have been there before, but it was even more fun this time. For those of you who don't know what it is- it is like an inside tropical forest. They have tons of dressed up people that act have speak different languages and then there is like a waterfall-pool area where divers put on shows for you. They are like professional divers that do flips and stuff. AMAZING! I loved it.

We then headed home and that was it! It was a way fun trip. Here are some pictures, well a lot- I know the family barely ever gets to see pics of the Leslie girls so I put basically all of them- enjoy!

This is how the girls looked for most of the drive. They got to watch movies. They were very cute- every once in a while they just started laughing a lot at whatever they were watching!

















The second we got in IHOP all three girls DASHED towards the stuffed animals and started complaining about the prices. It was just so cute.









Me and the girls.


Is this not just the cutest pose? She was very happy with her cocoa.

Look at Gracie's pancake. It is HUGE! I don't think Rebecca knew it would be that big when she ordered it!

Aliese Swimmin'
The girls getting on their...second ride. Keep in mind on these ride pictures that it is VERY hard for me to catch them- the rides go so fast! PLUS- my camera isn't one of those quick ones.

This was Gracie's expression most of the day.

Rebecca and the Girls on the mini-rollercoaster.


I think this is Gracie feeling refreshed from her drink of water.

I took this after the musical. They are just the cutest!

Gracie waiting as Rebecca, Aliese, and Anna go on their last ride.

Rebecca and the girls on their last ride. It was one of those really high in the air hangy things. It terrified me.


So we went to a very cute toy shop at lagoon at the end of the day and the girls got to pick a few things to buy with their own money. Well Gracie saw this hat and put it on and wouldn't let go of it the whole time we were there! Rebecca decided to buy it for her. She LOVED it! It is so cute because it is too big for her and the giraffe SHOULD go on the front- everytime we fixed it she turned it back to the side. She knows her style!This was the little school house in the museum. Isn't that adorable? They had books and chalk boards and everything. Anna was the teacher. The rest of us were her students.
This is the tepee. They were getting dressed up and pretending they were Indians! There was a pretend fire and everything.


Here are a few videos:

Gracie kept doing the cutest things and when I got the camera it was hard to get her to repeat them. I'm sure some of you mothers understand! Anyway- I think she's still cute even if she's not really doing anything. The ones at IHOP are funny just because she really just looooved her cocoa.

Okay for some reason I am not getting it to work right- so I will try posting them another day. I have already spent FOREVER on this post- so you all better be grateful!

Love you all:)

5 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

OH MY GOSH! THankyou so much for posting everything! I was either laughing or going "awee!!!" Ok- the pancake- hahah- that is hilarious- and the cocoa- it's just so funny because it's like- the Arnold's are born with this love for chocolate. the girls watching the tv- hahahhaha- and gracie is just soo cute. Ok- Gracie waiting- and the girls pretendig to do school- everything was so adorable- and the one with aliese in the water, first thing I thought of was a cat at night- because her eyes are glowing! haha. Everything is so adorable- you are so lucky!!!!!! Man- those girls are so cute! Was this the first time they had ever been on rides? You are so lucky you live by them, you are probably their most favorite aunt. Thankyou so much for putting up the pictures- I can't stop looking at them- they are so cute. Gracie is so adorable. Danielle- how are we going to compete with these children! I don't know how kids could be any cuter than they are!!! Is it possible to be cuter than that?!!!! I loved the post- thankyou so much- I love you-

Emily said...

Hey! That sounds like so much fun! I can't believe how big those girls are getting. They are all so pretty! I love the children's pretend place. I would love to go there!

Cute pictures. I bet you had a lot of fun and I bet Rebecca was so grateful to have your help!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

LOVED, LOVED,LOVED the pics!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! They are so cute, and what fun stuff you guys did. I am so happy you have them near you. The chances of you guys living near them or any family later is slim, so it is so great that you get to do this. The girls will always remember you and feel close to you. The ride thing happened to Amy when we went to disneyland when she was little. She was so excited to go on splash mountain, but we took her on some kind of fast one before that and when we got to splash mountain she wouldn't go. It was sad. Again thank you!!!

Lizzie said...

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!! It was so fun to see the girls, you and rebecca. so many of gracies expressions reminded me of rebecca! It sounds so fun. I'm jealous you get to go to oregon. I want to go too!!! kate's crying, gotta go

Megan and Greg said...

I AM grateful. Loved the pics and the whole story. And you are so PRETTY!!!!!!!!