Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sick

Yuck. I'm sick. I HATE IT! It is like-mid august, who gets a cold in mid august?! Nuts. This started like last week and I just decided to ignore it and keep doing my things. But today I am going to take it easy because I think that is really just what I need. I have been sneezing up the wazoo. I have been through probably an entire boxworth of tissues. Plus some toilet paper. I watched you've got mail last night and this morning (not twice just half and half). I just love that movie. I teared up a bit at the end. I tell you that Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan are fabulous.

Tomorrow is Clay's Birthday! I am excited. We've got some good plans. He will love his birthday. I can say this part because he already knows. He is getting a Nintendo Wii from his parents. It is like a joint birthday/christmas present. For those of you who don't know what that is (probably all of my family) it is that one nintendo game where on the commercials the chinese men always want to go play and it's like actions- the paddles are motion sensitive so you can like box and stuff- it's hard to explain. Anyway- Clay couldn't be more excited. I am excited for him. I think it will be good too because there are lots of sport stuff (like boxing) that he has played before and actually said he worked up a sweat to- so I am thinking he might be able to do some workouts with his Wii without hurting his joints. Oh yeah- and he is planning on bringing it to Oregon when we come so we can all play it- I KNOW what all my sisters are thinking- nintendo? I DON'T think so. Trust me- this isn't like war game type thing. It is really fun- I've played it.

After he opens my gifts I will tell you what they are. I hope he likes them. Oh yeah! And- Clay wants to learn how to play piano and read music. SO- I bought him an adult beginners book and he is teaching himself how to play! We are both excited- I will of course be here to answer questions and stuff. I hope he sticks with it.

Speaking of Oregon earlier- I am aching to go. It is only like 2 weeks away until we go. I am just sooooo looking forward to being on the beach and hangin with the fam. Oh yeah- one of my visiting teachers is from eugene, oregon! She doesn't recognize the Arnold name, but recognized Mitchell and Jolley and some other names. I guess we aren't that cool. (just kidding)

Well I think I am going to go get ready for the day, just because I really believe that when your sick it helps to get ready for the day- maybe it's just a mental thing for me personally. I am going to try and keep reading Lei Mis- I keep getting into it and then stopping for like a week. I just need to read it. I totally had a huge list of books to read this summer and haven't even finished one.

Anyway- I love you all! Have a good day:)

6 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Danielle, where did you come from? You are so positive and mature. I feel like I am the opposite of you. You just really know how to work through problems, and take something miserable and look at the bright side of things. Sorry you're sick. OK- HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could be there- I love birthday parties. I AM SO EXCITED that you get getting a wii- and that you're bringing it to ORegon. I have never tried it- and I want to soooooo bad. I'm so excited- Mike is going to die. And anyoneI know sweats up a storm doing it- it's like a workout! ha! I need one- well- I hope you have a great birthday. I love you guys! And can't wait to see you!

Danielle said...

Amy- I don't know what you're talking about, after I posted this and reread it I was half tempted to take it off becuase I felt I was whining so much. You're too nice- but you are such an enthusiastic person- don't come down so hard on yourself!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!! You won't get well unless you do!!! Love you!

I will try to call Clay tomorrow I don't have clays #. love you!! mom

pretty funny about the game! we'll see!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Ok this is Megan, not Amy. Greg and I LOVE the Wii, we have played it and it is so fun. Can't wait to play. 2nd, Wow, Les Mis is AMAZING!!! Greg read the real thing while I read the abridged. When we talked about it I felt so cheated. I am so impressed that you are even attempting. It will be worth every boring moment that DOES happen to happen. It is the most incredible story. Can't wait to see you. Oh and it is SO GREAT Clay is learning piano!!!!! I bought Greg some easy Beatles books but he never has time. I didn't ask him, but maybe we could lend/give them to you. They're really fun.

Emily said...

Hey Danielle, sorry you're sick. I think I'm coming down with something too. It's easy to say that a cold is no big deal, but when you actually get one they are miserable and awful. So I really hope you can rest. I think you're right that some of it is mental, but resting really will help. I hope you feel better soon.

Sounds like Clay will have a good birthday. It's so cool that he wants to learn to play the piano!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Hey, bring your book and if you finish it before you leave I would like to borrow it. I know it's Rebecca's but I am sure she won't mind. And its about time for some new blogging I think!! If I can do it with my busy schdule!!!!