Tuesday, January 13, 2009

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WHAT TO DO?! WHAT TO DO?!

Why is it that I've felt like I've been in school FOR-EV-ER when I have only been going for 3 years?! Well, it feels like I'm tired.

If you keep tabs on me, you realize that I decided to take 14 credits while working full time during tax season. My excuses for survival were: 3 credits are simply my working credits...not really a class; 2 credits I could complete in the first week, the Music Theory class- which i finished last night; 2 credits would be a religion class so that should be okay simply because I should be incorporating scripture and religious study into my daily life already; 1 credit is a computer basics class and I've already taken advanced computer classes so it should be a breeze, which it is; the other 6 credits would be my hard classes- American Literature, and World Civilizations (a history class). Well, when you think of it all individually, sure it seems fine...but when you put it all together- its' like my title for this post...UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I don't know why I'm fretting...I just...ugh. So some of you may be thinking...why are you taking 14 anyway? Just drop a few. In fact I KNOW you are all thinking that, even if I explained it, because my own husband keeps asking me this when I've explained it to HIM before as well. Here goes.

So in order to get pell grants (FREE MONEY- DON'T HAVE TO PAY BACK) I have to take 12 credits. In order to get my scholarship (half tuition), I have to take 14 credits. After all is said and done (tuition, and student insurance), I end up pocketing $370 or so. So you see, it doesn't really make sense for me to drop classes becuase if I did, I would end up having to pay like 400 bucks. If I dropped below 12 credits, I'd have to pay like 800 bucks. I'm sure we all agree that getting $370 for free, sounds a lot better than having to pay $400-$800 out of pocket. YET! Is it worth the $370 to cause 3 months of stress? I tend to think not...and they I think things like, well they drop the classes...but then I think- well, but the religion class...I could handle that...and well...the literature class, I've already read half of the first book- can't drop that...and the computer, well that's just so easy so i can't drop that...so then I'm just dropping the freaking history class which would give me 11 credits. 1 credit away from all that money? I think not. You see my reasoning for screaming UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Oh, and then there's this wierd minor detail that I'm sure I could figure out if I called a few people. I look up scholarship requirements and such, and I see a little note that says, if a student has received scholarship funds, and then drops below 14 credits, they will be never qualify for a scholarship again, and be considered for disciplinary counsel because of not sticking to the honor code. Or some nonsence like that. I am not trying to STEAL MONEY PEOPLE! I figure if I do end up dropping, I could just call someone and write them a check...I don't know. Anyway...............................

Any advice on this? Does anyone actually look into things like this as far as I am? Maybe it's the accountant in me...analyzing every financial effect...not trully analyzing my psychological effect. This is all happening because of the accountant in me. Of course. The only reason I'm taking all these stupid classes is to acheive the stupid requirements in order to become a CPA. I don't even need these classes to graduate. And I wont even reach the 150 required credits to become a CPA. I will only reach 140...

Also, I have this wierd trait where I have to get everything done in the most efficient, least amount of time possible. Think about it...graduate high school early, will graduate college early, got married when I was 18 (not saying that I only got married to be efficient...HA), I have seriously been so excited to have a baby since like the week after our wedding much to my dismay of always praying and recieving feelings of...not yet, I obsessively check the registration page all the time so that whenever the next semesters class times show up, I can FINALLY plan out our schedules for the next semester...even though I have months before I can even sign up for classes! Clay has never spent a second worrying about his schedule because I am constantly perfecting it to a T! AH! Yeah...there are OCD tendencies in my family and everyone has always been like...oh, that's good you don't have to deal with that...well family- I'm pretty sure I have a braid of OCD in my blood that just doesn't stop when it comes to this stuff.............................................seriously- I would make an amazing assistant to like...the CEO of Walmart or whichever huge corporation you'd like to assign me to. I was made fun of last tax season because my desk was organized into..."Returns that need to be checked by Kent", "Returns that need to be checked by balhy or blah", "Waiting on more information from client to finish", "Haven't started yet"- seriously, I even made signs and they were all separated into neat piles. The other interns? They were all stacked haphazardly all over their desks! It drove me nuts! And guess what? I don't even care that they made fun of me- it made my work, as well as EVERYONE in the office's work- 10 TIMES MORE EFFICIENT! Now I'm rambling.

And I'm on to this all even before I've started work.

Whatever! I think I've decided. I guess I'll sleep on it.

I think this blog is good for me. It helps me figure things out:)

Oh, and by the way- HSM3 comes out on dvd February 17th or something like that, and Twilight comes out March 21st. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? That's right. I will have a GREAT birthday:)

8 comments:

Lizzie said...

I love you so much. This post made me feel bad for you but also made me smile, because I just love the way you are. I'm sorry you are so stressed about all of it. I wish I had answers for you, but I don't. I do miss talking to you on the phone though. Now I am definitely scared to call...you're so busy! About the labeling of piles on your desk....I just spent $100 of my iPhone money ( that I sold) to buy a labeler. How nerdy is that. An iPhone for a labeler? I'm actually laughing aloud at myself right now. I love you and miss you!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I love you Danielle, so much more because you are an Arnold and you are your mothers daughter and your fathers daughter and guess what you are your grandpas granddaughter. Isn't that a funny thought, I used to make lists also although I don't recall labeling things a lot, but I was a clean freak and my aunt Lorene we used to call her clorox Annie, does that give you a gene picture. You come by all this honestly, but I will tell you that I am so sorry that you are stressing so. One thing to remember we need to enjoy the moment, because it is all we have really. It's not the destination so much as the journey to get there. We can't control the future and the past is gone, so what we have is the NOW! Next time you want to freak out about something remember to ENJOY the JOURNEY, because that is what Heavenly Father wants us to have. You'll reach the end of school soon enough and you'll have babies soon enough. Love Laugh and Be Happy Before you know it you will be walking across the stage to get that college diploma, and it'll all be over. I so enjoyed seeing you at Christmas and I love being a part of your life and having the blessing of being your grandma

Patty said...

Danielle I am so sorry to see that you are so stressed. I am thinking that you are thinking way too much. I understand the wanting to be prepared and doing everything as fast as can but take a deep breath and keep up the good work. You can tolerate anything for 3 months. I will keep you in my prayers. love you. bye now.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Good blog. You will be glad years from now that you wrote it. As for the efficient thing, I pity you, my brain is always trying to think of the most efficient way to do things. Its a blessing and a curse! Love you!

Megan and Greg said...

Dan- every term this happens! You take too many classes- stress out and then drop them! This is just a repeat post and you just keep forgetting that you do this. It is nice to save money but it's better to be happy. If you want my sincere advice. Paying $800 unnecessarily isn't something you're going to regret down the road. Having a really sucky year, arguing with your husband because you're stressed, your health suffering becuase of stress, lack of sleep, laziness in eating- these things will actually effect you and you'll remember that. Don't worry about money. Do what makes you happy. Do what's important (what really IS important). I love you.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Well, I think health is more important. i've learend to do what's healthy for ME, and what's healthy for me isn't necesarily healthy for everyone else and visa versa. i already wrote you an email- so some of this might be repeating: You have wizzed through everything- if you end up graduating a few semesters later then planned, it's not a crime! You will still probably be graduating earlier than the average person your age. I haven't graduated yet, Jake started later too, I run into people all the time that "decided to go to school" just now, And you are almost done. If you graduate one semester or 2 later than planned, that's fine. You guys have saved so much money through working hard in school and work. If you have to loose some money, or go into debt a little I think that's fine, because it's not for that long, just a few semesters. I think you need to be healthy too. I learned with these particular classes, I can only handle 2 classes, with other classes I can handle more. Thish summer I cuoldn't handle anything. I could only work. Life is always changing, so you have to change you plans alot. I think you will be more happy, more stable (not referring to you being unstalbe now, I'm thinking of myself) you will be more stable, if you don't take so much on all at the same time. that's MY opinion. I think it's really funny that you do Clay's schedule, i love it. ha. And Danielle- it's much better to be efficient than lazy, so try to be grateful for your OCDness in this area. You see it as a weakness, or curse, I see it as something wonderful. Look at everything you have acccomplished! It is that efficientness that has gotten you this far! And it's fine, (especially because of all that you've accomplished so fast) if you take a lighter load one term. For pitty sakes your doing an intern!!!!!!! I love you so much. And I love the story about your organizing the papers, because I think dad woudl do that. sometimes I look at the notes he has written on post it notes on his desk,and they're really funny- very specific, like yours. I love you.

Megan and Greg said...

In the words of High School Musical, "We're all in this together!!" haha.

School has been rough for me this year too!

I thought I was burnt out on school last year...
now it is official.

BUT- I keep telling myself it will all be over soon enough. AND- with the Lord's help, all things are possible.

So... best of luck with whatever decision you make. It will all work out one way or another.

--Greg

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

oh Danielle I think you are loved! What do you think? love you!