Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Mack's Inn Float & Playmill

One of my 25 in 25th year goals was to float Mack's in River. Well, I found out the proper name for this is "Big Springs". It's such a shallow float...which is the only way we could get Patty in the water! She is deathly afraid of water, not surprisingly since both her husband and son almost drowned in really traumatic experiences!

Anyhow, this float is just so beautiful. It's such a shame none of us brought a water camera...because we passed two moose, a bald eagle, and a blue herring. It was so exciting! But the float was very slow going and we had to row our way through it cause it was so shallow and calm!

We went with Patty, Paul, Makayla, and Allen (Makayla's boyfriend). It was a blast. The weather was great, but the water was SO SO COLD! AHHHH! SO COLD! Needless to say there was lots of sneak splashing going on :)


After the float we ate a little picnic by the IMAX theater in the small amount of shade we could find! Harmoni met up with us for the picnic and then we headed to the Playmill Theater to see Seven Brides for Seven Brothers! Oh my gosh! I love that musical so much!

The Playmill actors are a bunch of locals and college kids. They started out with some jokes and little songs and stuff while everyone was trickling in, then they all sang "Home" by Phillip Phillips and it was SO GREAT! I just loved it. They also sang God Bless America (tear jerker) and did a wierd blue light dance, and then the play started! It was so cute and I loved it. I told Clay, "We need to come here once a year". He just rolled his eyes, but he liked it a lot too!

After the play we walked around West Yellowstone for a while and got some candy (made me miss home) and looked at a tourist shop or two. It was nice.

Then the drive home! It was so beautiful and such a nice sunset.

 This is me and Makayla trying to figure out how to get everyone in the car in the photo. Guess what? Everyone technically is! There's Me, Makayla, and Patty, in the obvious spots. The left back is a slice of Allen's face. To the right of Patty's arm and the left of Makayla's head is a grey shoulder- that is Paul's shoulder. To the right of Makayla is Clay's green shoulder. I call that a success!







4 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

I am lovin all these posts! I'm glad you've been doing so much on your list! That's so awesome! We WENT there for a family reunion, right? It all sounds so familiar. And I remember loving it too. Glad you had fun! We should facetime again this week! Your thurs. night, right?

AMY AND MIKEY said...

that is so cool! That sounds like a really magical day! and the songs they sang before the play sounded cool too. you are so funny about your "group picture". haha. and your sissy in laws are so cute. i wanted to see allen!!!!!!! you should have taken a pic of him!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I just caught up on all of your blogs, I miss seeing you so much. We watched you playing basketball in high school on on of our videos it was cool. I loved the play mill day sounds like a magic time. Love that play. The rock climbing I admire you so much for doing that. Truly amazing I could never have done it, I don't think I would be able to without a panic attack. Amazing you were able to overcome your fear of that. Hugs

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Love this post. Sounds so fun! I'm jealous of Patty and Paul. I would love to have a kid close by to do fun things with. I love all the pics! How fun!