Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Weeeeeeeell...it's been a while since I've posted on the old bloggy, but there hasn't been too much going on. I've decided a few things though:

1. Prayers work. I feel like I pray all the time in a way that is like...the same prayer all the time. I started realizing that I wasn't putting much effort into my prayers and I really needed some help. So I started putting more effort into being sincere and truly pouring my heart out to Heavenly Father. What do you know? I started feeling more peace, and getting more results! Heavenly Father cares. We just need to really seek him out.

2. Negative degree weather makes people want to die. The end.

3. Fear is Satan. It's important to recognize that. I always tell Clayton that Satan doesn't want us to be happy. In fact, he wants us to be HORRIBLY miserable. So it makes sense he would put fear in our hearts to keep us from doing things that will help us grow, help us be happy. I am continually learning this and trying to rid my life of fear.

4. My life motto, what I am trying to live by, is...Don't worry until you have to. Worry is such a stress. I feel like I am getting much better at this but sometimes I have a bad day and I just worry to death and go crazy pants. Then I re-evaluate (Clay helps a lot with this part) and realize...you know what? There is NO point in worrying about things I can't control and things that haven't even happened yet. So I just try to live my life and not worry. Don't worry, be happy.

In a few days it is going to be February! That's a little mind boggling that it's been a month since the new year. I have a few chapters left on my book that everyone seems to fly through and I just am having the hardest time. I've never taken so long on a book (except les mis...but that is like a bazillion pages). I am determined to finish it in the next few days so I can move on to the books on hold at the library. The book I'm reading is called The Shack. It is very interesting and has some majorly good moments that make light bulbs go off in my head...but it is very slow going and a lot of just like...talking. Nothing much going on at all.

Well, that's all for now! I'll post in a couple days to report my monthly status on my goals by numbers.

5 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

I'm so glad you blog. I feel like we're the only ones left. You and I go through a lot of the same challenges. I feel like our minds work the same. Well, not with everything. You have way more patience and are way more easy going. And nonjudgemental. It seems the last year I've realized worrying is something that is pointless and only produces unhappiness. Negatives??? Man, I'm such a wuss! I don't know HOW cold it's been, all I know is at one point is was 18 degrees and it was CRAZY. I have an amazingly warm jacket, so my body does NOT get cold at all, but my FACE literally feels like it's pressed against a block of ice! It's crazy! Greg said it can be worse here because of humidity. Who knows, people always say that, but how much truth is in there?

Megan and Greg said...

Oh yeah, I knew I had more to say. The PRAYERS. I have had the EXACT same experience, just last week! The fear thing. I can understand. I think it would be hard not to fear, with lyme because you have it. Like I always get afraid SCarlet will have it forever and never be well, but it's a lot easier because she has no idea what's going on REALLY and it's not MY BODY and I have a lot of perspective, seeing her progress. It's always harder to see it when you're in the middle of it and you're REALLY in the middle of it. I don't know if that's what you were talking about, but I think it would be crazy hard and you're doing a great job!!! I love you!!!

Jenni said...

Aint that the truth about Satan wanting us to fear? I often think that when I worry about the world or about Harlow growing up in it. And then I pray for peace and I totally agree with you... it works. And I am SUCH a worry wart too! I totally feel your pain. Boys are so good at not worrying about the future. I need to do better. These are all good reminders :) Love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

love you danyelli. I agree with everything you said. We prob have different fears, but i can get in a rut sometimes too of fearing. and mom always reminds me of what you said in this blog, that it's of satan. Such a hard lesson to learn. i love you.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

You are always so wise. You are so right, all negative thoughts come from satan and his goal is to make us w;orry and fret over things in life of which we have no control. Prayer really does work. I love you so much and I am always praying for you and so does grandpa. Hugs