Thursday, December 8, 2011

Saweet and Annoying things...

I got a poinsettia at work and they put this bow on it...and the poinsettia was pink. No no. Not attractive.

So guess what? Clay went to the chiropractor because he threw out his back when playing football during thanksgiving...and HOLY SMOKES. His lower back and hips are MESSED UP! It's so crazy cause it makes us so happy. Here's why...this past year both of us have made major improvements with our health since being treated for Lyme Disease...however, Clay's joint pain just seems to stick around no matter what! We started thinking that he would kinda just have that his whole life...it was permanent damage or something. Well, all of a sudden this is all making sense because HELLO? His lower spine is twisted, AND curved, and his hips are tilted...as in not straight like normal...plus a bunch of other junk. So it kind of makes sense why his hips hurt ALL THE DAY LONG DAY. And haven't gotten better. Of course the Lyme probably contributed to it just cause you know...when your body is taxed and you aren't functioning well anyway, other things are bound to slack off too...like his back. I dunno. Anyway- we are so freaking happy because he is going to go to the chiropractor and get adjusted over and over and over until its good as new. Can you believe it?! And this is bound to just make the Lyme treatment go better too, since his body wont be working so hard to make up for his bad alignment.

So I have this new dream and I'm totally motivated. I for REALS want to make a cookbook that is ONLY sugar free/gluten free treats. TREATS ONLY. There are lots of cookbooks out there that are gluten/sugar free but they are mostly meals. I saw one gluten/sugar free TREAT cookbook out there but I read that there aren't really any pictures that go with the recipes...which basically is not okay. So...this is my new dream. I think I could do it. I am crazy, because I'm really picky and gluten/sugar free treats are tough. But seriously? You probably don't realize this...but this could save so many people. I've been on Lyme forums and SO many people struggle like me with the diet...cause they love treats so much! And there are SO many gluten-free treat recipes...and there are SO many sugar-free recipes...but both? Not so common...especially yummy tasting ones. This would seriously help lots of people. Also, it'd help me! That's how I really was thinking about it originally cause I just feel like I am kinda stuck with this diet for life if I don't want Lyme babies. Which you know...I don't! So it's time to get some super sweet recipes that make it not so hard. We'll see how it goes. I just may end up compiling some recipes for myself...but I really would love to have a legit cookbook out of it. OH- and I plan on having pictures for every single recipe.

Did you know I'm taking online classes right now? They are so annoying. It's like...I have to do these random assignments that help my life in no way...I'm so annoyed.

That's pretty much it. So excited for the weekend. Hoping to get all my Christmas gifts done. We'll see....


6 comments:

Lizzie said...

ohhhh, i love it. I want you to make a cookbook! it would be a healthy alternative to sweets even if you're not gluten free.

i love the chiropractor. i wish I could go daily. i hope it helps clay.

love you.

oh and i fixed the link.

Megan and Greg said...

Are you taking classes for work? The cookbook sounds great! Good luck! I can't believe Clay's back was so messed up, but it makes sense that he'd just think it was the lyme. I'm so glad you guys figured it out. What a difference it will make! Cute pic. Your hair is so LONG! My hair hasn't been that long since I was 17. I always plan on it and can't make it once it passes my shoulders. I just can't deal with lots of hair.

katy said...

You new layout is very classy. I like it. I love your idea on the GF/SF recipes. I totally think you will do it. You seem so motivated in things. I bet it helps a lot of people too. Oh and your little skirt is very creative and cute.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I knew most of that, but for history sake, I am sooo excited about the news about Clay and your book! I want you to do a legit book. I think it would be so great for you on many levels and great for others. The bow,hahah. I like pink poinsettias. But if I only had one I guess I would want red. love you and can't wait until Christmas!!!

David said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
HeidiT said...

That makes sense that Clay would have assumed it was the Lyme. Hopefully he gets feeling so much better with the adjustments!
I never realized your hair was so long -- and I'm just going to say again that I love the dark color.