Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thrifty Thursday

Well...I went to DI today cause I don't even remember what I was looking for. Oh yeah. A lawn chair. They had them...but they all looked so disgusting I just couldn't handle it. My hands got dirty while looking through them...and I know I could hose them off and stuff, but I just for some reason couldn't handle it at the moment. So I did my normal rounds around the store...dishes- my fav section...and came upon some AMAZING salt and pepper shakers! Holy smokes. I fell inlove right then, right there. 2 bucks. DONE.

Oh- and my father will appreciate this one- the holes are just the right size. Not GINORMO like most of the salt and pepper shakers of today. I do wish there were maybe one or two more holes..but really they are great. And I put pepper granules in the pepper grinder right when I got home and it totally works PERFECT! YES!

NICE HOLES

Then I came upon this mug! I absolutely ADORE these kind of mugs. I already have two of them. It's kinda hard to tell in the pic, but they are oversized mugs so you can like, eat cereal (if I ate cereal), eat ice cream (if I was allowed to), or put your berries in (this is my most common use). They are my favorite cause I like to eat while I watch TV, and bowls are awkward to hold, but these are cute and have handles and it's just the best. Anyway- this was a dollar. SOLD.

Then...I went to the yard area...you can find some pretty great gems in this area. I know most of you wont see my vision on this one...but trust. It's gonna be just perfect for my wall I'm creating in my mind and hopefully will come to real life soon. There wasn't a price tag so I asked the cashier and he said, "2?" and I said, "2? eh..." and he said, "How bout a dollar and a half" I said that sounds good. Hows that for DI bargaining? :)

Overall, I spent less than 5 bucks, which was perfect cause I had this mysterious five dollar bill in my wallet that I have no idea where it came from. So it pretty much was meant to be.

I'm rarely this pleased when I leave the DI. The only bothersome part about the trip was that there was a lady roaming the store that stunk STRONGLY of poop. Do I just attract these kind of people to me? I know what you're thinking...Danielle, maybe it's just you...but NO. It most certainly is not! Everytime I was away from the woman, the smell went away. Everytime I was BY the woman, I pretty much had to hold my breath. And you know that client a long time ago that yelled at me and smelled like poop? Well, she came in again this year and smelled like poop again. I also happened to know a couple of people in middle school/high school that smelled like poop all the time too...so I've come to the conclusion that it's a disease or something. I feel really bad for these people. Is there not a cure or fix for these kinds of things?!?! I really don't understand but man oh man...it's bad.

Not to end on THAT note...but, that's all I have for today. Peace out!

7 comments:

Leanna said...

The things you bought are cute. And you are much too cute. I miss you so much!! =D

Megan and Greg said...

Wow, I don't recall ANYONE ever smelling like poop. B.O.- now that's another story that I could talk about forever. Poop, I'm glad I have had those encounters and am sorry you've had so many. The thing I think is that maybe they where depends and needed a change- but then you mentioned highschoolers, I wouldn't think many would have THOSE kinds of problems. I don't know. I'm so interested in your wall display now. Love the mug, but I was envisioning a massive hot chocolate.The "nice holes" comment makes me laugh every time I look at it, which has been a few by now. Love you.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Ha ha! I think maybe they have really bad digestion and maybe it's gas and not poop. Who knows. I agree, that would be very sad to have that problem. I love the stuff you bought! How fun. I think the plate is cool, I can't wait to see what is in your head! love you!!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Uhhhhh love thrifting. Great finds! Oh my gosh the poop people- hahahha. I'm excited to see the vision for the plate. LOVE YOU.

Aliese the Writer said...

Those things are so great! I am definetely doing my shopping for decorating my room at thrift stores and the 99 cent store. Because those things are so cool. That plate actually looks pretty cool. I can't wait to see what it looks like on the wall.

I just read your last post and those candle sticks look great! You can't tell they are glued together at all! They look so cool and I love the colors. You and Lizzie are so good at decorating with lots of different colors and making it match and look good. I think, "Choose one or two colors and make everything that color and everything the same." But it looks so much better your way!

I had such a good time with you that one dinner. I think I've told you that before, but you talking about listening to country music and looking at the blue sky reminded me of that. I had a good time on the ride to your house, even. It was so nice. I love you! :)

Jenni said...

First of all, I must say that I am OBSESSED with candle sticks, so I MUST make that craft!! Good work! And great job at DI. And I totally know what you mean, SOO happy it's finally summer! Great job on the test!!! I'm soooo proud of you!!love you!

Jenni said...

I'm back. Because I just got done looking at your mom's blog and I can't get over how fantastic you look Danielle. My mom and I were just looking and saying that you look SOO beautiful. It makes me so happy :)

Love you!