Tuesday, December 29, 2009

After a month of no posting....

Well, I have been ultra, ultra busy. I promised myself I'd take pictures of all the gifts I made...but only ended up taking ONE! Dangit. I'll upload it lata. Maybe I can get everyone I gave gifts to take a picture. To give you an idea, I made Patty a Santa Apron- it is SO CUTE! It is an apron that is basically like a santa suit, but an apron. Classic. I think everyone needs one...including myself! So I also made Megan and Greg aprons- with a red/black theme to them. I also made my motha an apron. Her's was darling. Screams the whole GRANDMA idea. It is heart themed. Sounds cheesy, but it's pretty awesome. I also made Makayla a friggin saWEET bag. It has a magnetic snap, ribbons, buttons, applicae, OH dear it's great. I was planning on making Harmoni a bag as well, but ran out of time...so ended up giving her a kinda crappy gift. "13 going on 30". Lame, right? Well...yeah. That's what I did...and on Christmas morning I felt so stupid that I made Makayla this awesome gift, and not Harmoni, that I decided I'm gonna make the bag anyway and just give it to her when it's done. So yeah.

My mom and dad, megan and greg, and amy and mike all came for Christmas. So, with that happening, I had all sorts of things to take care of around the house before they got here. Then of course, they were here! It was soooo wonderful to see them all.

All in all, this month has been CARAZY! Pile ontop of that-working, STILL getting settled in our house, chiropractor, dog, husband...it just has been busy. I know it could and will get busier. That's just how life goes!

Well, guess what happened while the whole fam was here? The dishwasher up and decided to start leaking like MAD! Actually, it already had been leaking, Paul looked at it, tried fixing it, and the problem got worse. Worse, at the WORST time. When tons of people are at the house! So we decided we couldn't run it anymore because it leaked way too much. So, we ordered a new dishwasher...it's pretty exciting. Pretty sure this is the one...

But want to know what's REALLY exciting? We have been talking about getting a new oven since we moved in becuase my oven takes at LEAST 30 minutes to preheat to 350, the degrees are always off- inconsistently, and it's just ANCIENT! So we finally decided, HECK- why not just get both while we're at it?! So we ordered a new oven too! I tried lookin, but I'm not POSITIVE...but I think this is the one we got...
It's a beaut' ainit?

They shouldn't come for probably another week, but I am SO PUMPED! I know I will make just lovely meals in/on it and clean the dishes just perfectly! Yay!

Clay and I have phones that have internet on them. It pretty much rocks. I'm sitting at the Chiropractor's office, waiting to get in...and while I'm bored out of my mind because I've already looked at the dozens of magazines they have...dozens of times...I check my e-mail. HECK, I even WRITE an e-mail! It's pretty cool.

Clay is going to teach me how to make websites. Did you know that he rocks at it? Yeah...he's only made a few, but he is currently signed on, or set up, or whatever...to build like 4 more websites for people, and so it's pretty cool. I thought I'd be good at it. Clay thought so too. So, he's gonna teach me...and who knows- maybe we'll make this killer team who rocks the world with our web-building abilities. And become billionares.

Dante is good. He's huge. And expensive. We feed him 7 cups of food a day...and he is only like...5.5 months old. Can you believe it? Not only that, but he "grows out of" his toys. So....we spent a wopping $40 on toys for him last night. What? I don't even spend that much on myself for toys. How annoying. Clay said, "Don't you love him?" Uh...yeah! But I don't think he needs 4 brand new toys. 2 of which he's already torn parts apart. The joys of pet ownership. He is pretty dang cute though. Except when he scratches me in the face. Which he did. And I have two scratch marks under my chin. Now THAT'S cute.

Tax season is coming up. I'm excited. The days will go faster. I don't like being bored at work. Tax season will probably not leave much time for boredness.

So I got some bright purple leggings for myself last night. With Christmas money. I decided I will wear them on New Years Eve. I'm excited. I will take a picture.

Idaho is cold. I know I always talk about it...but I'm not sure I will ever get over it. Seriously COLD. I get depressed almost every time I step outside. The snow is SO. NOT. WORTH. IT. I just wish there were more sun...more warmth...maybe some sand...palm trees...you know. I told Clay that someday, we will take surf lessons. He said he has no desire to surf, he's seen too many people get shark attacks. I said, "PAH!" as in- "like I would ever get attacked by a shark". So, I guess this dream is for me only. I really really want to do that. Doubt I'd be any good. But when I envision myself surfing, I am pretty much professional. With a really tan and toned body. And long wavy blonde hair:)

Well...I think that's pretty much life. For now anyway. CyA!

7 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Yeah, that's a good vision- amazing tan body with amazing hair and being awesome at something. I've had those visions. Man, you have been busy. My life really is slow going right now. Like I've done nothing today. I haven't even showered, and it's 6:21pm. I don't understand how the day passes. I haven't even watched a movie. What have I done?

I was just looking at appliance prices and they're so expensive! That's great you could get them! The oven especially with that little one on top.

Thanks for housing us. You were a great host. I love my apron. I'll post a pic on the blog. Yeah, I looked in a reflection with the apron on and it is WAY cuter than I already thought it was- so I'm really happy about it. THANK YOU! And it totally matches my kitchen- red everything. So that's great.

Do they have used toys on Craigslist for Dante? Just a thought. What about walmart? Or if you made him a toy, just sewed one. Or buying something LIKE a toy, but not officially, so it's cheaper. I don't know what dogs like, so I don't know if it's possible. Just like a baby can play with a plastic cup or cardboard or balloon, instead of an expensive toy. You know?

I'm jealous of your leggins. You should post them.

Lizzie said...

I loved this. Thank you so much for posting. You guys all think that since you don't have kids it's boring to read or something, but SO FAR FROM THE TRUTH! It's exciting because it's NOT just about kids. It's about YOU. I love it. I am so happy you are getting a new dishwasher and oven. The oven...I am most excited for you about. Haven't you always had bad ovens since you got married? And you cook and bake so often. We had that same oven in one of our old houses. I made us buy it because I wanted 2 ovens but only had space for one. I absolutely loved that oven. But obviously you've cooked on Mom's so you know that. Internet phones? Holy cow. I'm still using my $15 temporary phone I bought at Target over a year ago. No blue tooth compatability, no texting, no internet, no phone. How archaic am I? I really want one with internet but it's that dang monthly fee that gets me. I bet Clay worked a deal though...

I cannot believe you made all of those gifts. That's a ton.

I love you so much!!!!!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

great blog! I am sooooo excited for you with your new dw and oven. Life will be sooo wonderful. I still love my appliances, I don't think it has ever gotten old to me. I'm sad for you that you didn't get a pic of my apron, I will put it on and have dad take a pic of me. I am so excited to have it! We had a great time and your house was so beautiful!! I love you and miss you already! I think several of my appliances over the years have died around holidays. The great thing about it is you have to get new ones!!! so the inconvience is worth it!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

You are sooo funny and I loved the post and yes your appliances are beautiful and you will be soooo happy to have them, I still get giddy when I remember how excited I was to have my new glass top and convection oven. It is probably 5 years old, but I still love it. You are an amazing sewing wizard, what a lot of things you made. Dan, you can get some toys for Dante at the DI or goodwill just get some cute stuffed toys in the toy section. He is just going to tear them and eat them anyway and they will only cost you at most a dollar or so. I love you and I am glad you have such a great Christmas. Hugs grams

AMY AND MIKEY said...

great blog- that is such an awesome oven! 2 ovens!!!! and flat surface! You are really blessed! I'm so happy for you! and the dishwasher- I'm assuming it's one of those nice ones you don't have to clean the dishes beforehand. ahhhhhhhh sigh. I'm sorry it is so cold there. You will have to take pictures of the apron for patty next time you go over there because I want to see it. I have the same problem with gifts- if it's not home made I feel like it's heartless. I don't feel that way when I recieve non- home made gifts- just with me giving them. But I have this fear that people expect hoem made from me, so if they dont' get it- they will feel like I don't love them- uhhhhhhh. I'm really tired- cause I just blogged myself- but I loved your blog- love you!

Lindy and Bryce Ellsworth said...

Hey! It's your cousin! How are you? I just read your blog post because I was reading Amy's. I'm so happy about your new dishwasher and oven. I'm sure you will love them both for many years to come! How was Christmas? Any big plans for New Years? Anyways hope life is wonderful for you. Have a great rest of the week!

HeidiT said...

New appliances, how fun! That will make cooking so much better. That is great that you made all of those gifts, it makes it so much more personal. I wish I could do something like that. Actually, Ren is the one who made our presents this year!
Ugh, the dog toy thing...so annoying huh?! Hurley got a new one also that he ate through right away of course. We've only found one ball that he actually hasn't managed to destroy yet.