Saturday, November 21, 2009

We're alive!

Yeah, so...I personally haven't posted for an entire MONTH! First, I was at my parents house in Oregon for a week, then I was moving INSTANTLY after that...yep, we bought a house! Which actually consisted of a WEEK of prep work before we could move in such as: cleaning, painting, replacing floors, and random things like lights, blinds, toilets, etc.Then we moved in and it has taken us all week to get stuff KINDA in order. I basically only have books and decor to put away/up. The books...well, we needed a bookshelf becuase all the places we've lived have had built in bookshelves. Trully. We did. So now I have all these books with no home. Thank goodness, Patty just so happened to be not needing one of hers! Hoorah! The books will be put away tonight! During all of this we still work full time, take care of Dante, take Dante to puppy school (which he is ROCKING at, by the way), go to Chiropractor (I am trying to heal my back), obsess and get excited for New Moon (okay, that was just me), GO to New Moon (details on that next)....anyway, we've been BUSY! I promise I'll have a few pics later. I can basically only handle words for now. I have looked at blogs at work occasionally but haven't really commented on ANYONES. So, don't feel like I've shunned you.

Going to Oregon was GREAT! It was soooo great to see my Mom, Amy and Megan. It was nice to see Greg, Mike and my Dad....but let's face it. It was GREAT to see the ladies. Amy and I kinda just bummed around watching tv and stuff. It was perfect. Poor thing. It was hard to see what a hard time she's going through with the Chemo, but I was so happy to be there and help in any way I could. Which was basically just sitting there with her! She is amazing. Even with everything she is going through she always has a smile and happiness about her. Megan and my Mom were moving stuff most of the time I was there. My parents moved, so they were working on that. But I did get to spend some time with them, not as much as I would normally like, but it was great seeing them.

We love our house. Both Clay and I can't really comprehend that we are actually homeowners. It's still surreal. We always just look around and smile.

Well, today was pretty much a rockin' day. Why? We saw NEW MOON! Holy Freakin Smokes, it was amazing. I LOVE LOVE LOVED IT! Even as much as I tried to keep them low, I went in with high expectations, and they were met above and beyond. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it was wondrous. Acting, filming, effects, EVERYTHING was sooooo much better. Jacob is smokin, his and Bella's chemistry is PERFECTION, the wolves rocked, the vampires rocked- the volturi? AMAZING! I want to go see that movie again. Right now. Clay, I'm pretty sure he won't get upset with me for saying this- loved it. He has read the books though. I have read and heard a lot that those who have read the books LOVE the movie, but those who haven't think it's slow. I think it's because they honest to goodness stay way true to the book. There was only ONE part....ONE, that lasted about 10 seconds...where I thought- 'oh please, just stop. That is way too embarrasing to watch'. For those who have seen it, the part where Bella and Edward are wearing clothes from the 50's and are running through the woods? Yeah. No thanks. They could've done that way better. But seriously? That was the only part that I cringed at. The rest was prime. Now I'm just way excited for Eclipse! Which comes out in less than a year!

I only work 3 days next week. This is a heavenly thought.

It feels like there are SO many things I wanted to blog about...but I'm tired. And I can't remember anything! I know I am excited about LOST, Jake on the BACHELOR, and AMERICAN IDOL to start in a few months. I'm super excited for Christmas. And I'm super excited for life to go back to normal...as in non-move mode.

Dante drives me more crazy every day...but I also love him more every day. I can't IMAGINE how much love I'll feel when I have kids. This always happens. I always thought that with my nieces and nephews, how could I love anyone more? I feel that same way with Dante. Sometimes I get these surges of love for him, that are crazy wild, where I just think- oh my gosh, kids are going to be awesome. Because I just love him so much! Like I said, he drives me INSANE sometimes, but a lot of times, he is soooooo stinkin cute and sweet that I just want to hug him and cuddle him on the floor. Yes, hug and cuddle a dog. He can just be the sweetest thing. I have changed so much since we got him. I used to HATE dog stuff...like shedding, slobbering, etc. Now I just don't care. I have just accepted that no matter what, my pants are going to be dirty by the end of the night with dog slobber. I don't even care. It's crazy. He slobbers on my newly painted cupbards in the kitchen and gets some sick-nasty mix of slobber/grass/dirt on them...and I laugh. I LAUGH! I don't even care. I just wipe it off. Anyway. He's awesome.

Alrighty. Love you all. Miss you all. I will be back to blogging regularly soon.

9 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I'm so glad you blogged! I can't wait to see pics of the house- it sounds like you painted the cabinets in the kitchen! I'm so excited about that- that is hilarious that you love Dante so much and don't care about slobber and dirt ect. I am so excited for bachelor, lost and AI, and I can't wait to see new moon, you should watch snl new moon trailer- it's HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!! love you-

Kristi M. said...

I am so glad that the slobber and dirt of Dante doesn't bother you because it certainly doesn't change with kids. I never have clean clothes with Gunnar around. I can't wait to see your house. So exciting!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I am so happy you have a house and that the dog is doing great. I didn't know that New Moon was out, will have to see it. I am so sorry we didn't get down to see you, when you were here. We thought we might come for a day, but so much was happening and I was in a non weight bearing cast:-( big pain. Grandpa had the bi-laterel hernia and so we just stayed home. We will be able to get around by spring and may take a trip to Idaho to see all of you guys. Hope so much love grams

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I'm so glad you blogged! I was thinking today I haven't talked to you since you left. I am excited to see you at Christmas. I haven't seen the movie yet. I want to go on Monday with dad, but it sounds like he won't like it from what you said. I can't wait to see some pics, but I totally understand. I love and miss you!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

oh and I can't wait for lost either!!! I am excited it is the last season as well as sad. I am excited to understand the unknown!

Megan and Greg said...

Wow, Dan, I shudder to think of all the dog slobber and dirt. Its just something I can't put up with. But I'm glad you can :). I have really low expectations for New Moon, so hopefully I'll be blown away. Sounds like it! That makes me bad, 'cause I love the books! I want to see your house!!!!!

Christine said...

OH MY GOSH! I LOVED New Moon too!! I was so excited!!!! I took my friend who hadn't even seen the first or read the books to the midnight showing and while we waited we watched most of Twilight on my laptop! It was great!

Brittany Flint said...

Hey it has been way to long! so excited you guys have a house now! i cant wait to see it we will have to get together sometime soon! have a happy holiday sounds like you guys are having a fun busy life! miss you guys later!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Danyelli! You need to send pictures of EVERYTHING to my email- I love you!-