Saturday, October 3, 2009

Dogs...dogs...dogs...and some other stuff too:)

Dante Collage

Well this is the best I can do. I know it's hard to tell in the pics, but he's grown a ton! He gains a pound a day. Within a month he'll be double the size. Just look at the pictures of the first day we got him a couple posts ago, and the ones I post today...and he is so big! He is completely potty trained now, and a pretty good dog. He sits, stays, and lays down when we tell him to. He comes pretty well but it's definitely not his forte. He's pretty cute. Thank goodness.



We have another dog in the family too! Rebecca and the girls got a dog from the pound! Her name is Riley, and she is as sweet as can be! It was so fun watching them. They all are totally inlove with her. Gracie calls her "sweety". She says, "Sweety! Come here sweety! You want your bone sweety?" Or she calls her "little girl" or "doggie"...she also calls her Riley too. Riley follows Rebecca EVERYWHERE. Clay says that it's because Rebecca's a good pack leader and that she is taking control, so the dog just automatically wants to be around her. She's a really good dog. She sits and follows commands pretty well. She doesn't bark or jump either...she's just great. Her eyes really are golden. In Rebeccas words, "Don't they look like Edwards?" hahahh. If you don't know that refrence- SHAME ON YOU! Go read twilight.

I'm off....oh yeah. I read the Hunger Games, and Catching Fire. They were so good. I read Hunger Games in literally one day. I couldn't put it down. Catching fire was more like...4 days. We have a bunch of kids here right now and they make it pretty hard to read...they ask questions like...every 5 seconds if your in the same room with them. If you like to read, GO PICK EM UP! They were SUPER good. Did you guys here that "The Host" is going to be a movie? I can't wait! It'll be great. If you don't know, Stephenie Meyer (author of twilight) wrote another book that is different from twilight series, called the Host. I LOVE the host. So so much.

Oh yes- these are crappy pictures, but they are burp rags I've been making for baby showers. Two of my really good friends just had babies. One a girl, one a boy. I made these for them. I love them. They are cotton on front, flannel on back, bias tape bordering around it. They are way harder to make then you'd think.




10 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Great burp rags!!!! I want to make baby stuff! But I have no one to give it to! I want to start sewing, but don't really have a reason or $. Your dog is HUGE!!! I'm just wondering how big he really is going to get. I'm so glad he's potty trained. Rebecca's dog is so cute!!!! I just think she's beautiful. Thanks to Clay for helping them pick her out. That Edward comment was so hilarious!

Megan and Greg said...

Great burp rags!!!! I want to make baby stuff! But I have no one to give it to! I want to start sewing, but don't really have a reason or $. Your dog is HUGE!!! I'm just wondering how big he really is going to get. I'm so glad he's potty trained. Rebecca's dog is so cute!!!! I just think she's beautiful. Thanks to Clay for helping them pick her out. That Edward comment was so hilarious!

Kristi M. said...

Wow your puppy is getting so big! I just can't wait to see him at full size. Danes are so BIG. Riley looks like such a sweet pound puppy. Well behaved older dogs are the best. What a great find. I love making burp cloths but there is not bias tape for me. That stuff confuses me. I believe you when you said they were harder to make than you think.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I love Rebecca's dog she is a beauty. I am so glad the girls are bonding with her. I think you're dog is huge, you wouldn't want to have anything breakable in his path. I like Megan wonder how big he will get. How is the house hunting goingf??? I miss you and when I am able we'll maybe meander over to see your new house and Becka's and visit some friends. That may take awhile and will depend on my physical therpy and all of the other things around. Did you hear I am skipping Christmas. Love and my love to Clay hope we see you at Christmas. Are you coming here or staying there? Hugs grams PS the burper cloths are beautiful and right on they aren't easy. 2nd ps I truly am going to be in a cast for 3 momths:(

Jenni said...

Holy Cow the burp rags are awesome! They don't look easy to make at all... you got skill girl! I still can't believe that you've become a dog woman!! It's so crazy. But I must admit, he is a cute dog... that is a compliment coming from a non dog lover :) I'm glad you're enjoying him!

Love you!

mandijwaters said...

I love your burp rags!! Missed seeing you on Saturday when I stopped by the house. But, I did get your dog's spit all over my hand and could smell it the whole way back to Pocatello. Couldn't wait to get home and wash my hands!

Kami said...

The burp rags are adorable! I'm so excited for New Moon. I'm dressing up for it! It's fun that you finally get to have pets!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I"m not up to writing- butr I loved the blog and the pics- love you

HeidiT said...

Love the dog pics, he's getting BIG! Riley looks adorable, we always rescued pound dos growing up and had such great luck with them.
Once again...I wish I could sew! The burp rags look great.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Your dog is so cute!! So is Rebecca's. I am so grateful you are there and that Clay was there to help them!! I love you sooo much and can't wait to see you!Oh and your burp cloths are great!!! It is amazing how hard such simple looking things can be! :-)