Monday, September 22, 2008

Doctor Visits

Well, just to update- Clay has been feeling a TON better, but--he has been extremely exhausted and unable to sleep well at night. His joints feel loads better, but still not quite perfect. Well, after what's been over a couple months, Clay finally went back to his doctor. His doctor did his thing (I was there for the whole thing) and said, as if it weren't a big deal at all, "Well it looks like the Lyme is all gone, but I'll check again in a month to make sure." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So- it's official, Clay's Lyme disease is ALL GONE! So then he checks him for mono, which he suspected the last visit, and Clay has suspected since he is so exhausted all the time. Turns out, he has mono. So the doc gave him stuff to get rid of that, as well as something to help for sleeping. (By the way, if any of you want to know the specifics of what Clay is taking, just ask- he takes a TON of random stuff, so I figure there's no use in detailing it out) Then, he checked brain type stuff- and Clay appears to have some sort of neurological problem, which the doctor said is ADD:) Now, I must admit- neither Clay nor I were very surprised about this new found awareness. Clay sometimes gets really hyper- probably none of you have seen this side of him, but I do. Both of us just about bust out laughing when the doctor said that, just because we both thought of those times that he is basically bouncing off the walls. I don't mean he's like a crazy boy or anything, he just gets in these tiffy's of boredom- when we are living our normal everyday lives. Anyway, he also has trouble concentrating on school stuff(this is what he tells me), AND the doctor said that a lot of the time when people have sleeping problems, it is strongly connected with ADD. The thing I loved about it was, the doctor acted like it was no big deal- he's like..."so I'll give you this, to get rid of that"- like you can get rid of ADD with a snap of the fingers. Seriously, this man might sound crazy to some, but we trust him with our lives. He is a miracle worker. We even decided he is going on the list of Christmas Cards to send. Soooo we are pretty dang excited out of our minds! Clay WILL have to go to the doctor 3 times a week for 3 weeks though, to work on the sleeping and ADD thing. Which are basically the same thing according to the Doc. So that will be rough, but so worth it. We are so grateful, and so happy.


Now, my doctor visit. So I went to the health center (cheaper) to get rid of these HORRENDOUS allergies. First off, I get to be welcomed by a single gentleman, probably Clay's age who basically wants to hear my life story. He asked me how my day was twice, three times maybe. My answer never changed...always, "good". What the heck? Okay, then he has me stand on the weight scale thing- I ask if I take my coat off-" whatever you want"..umm okay. I was actually looking for an answer that would tell me what I'm supposed to do. I just stand there...it beeps, and he just stands there and looks at me. Hello? What the heck am I supposed to do next?! I don't know. I just step off. He tells me to follow him. Uh..okay. He has me sit in this chair. Asks me how my day was. Of course. Then asks me what I'm studying. Taking his sweet time while he's doing all this, by the way. I tell him- he says, "oh I'm actually in an accounting class right now" me-"180?" him, with a smile-"yes". Anyway, suddenly out of no where he says, "This is a good movie". I'm thinking- what is a good movie, this scenario? what is your problem? I dont' knwo what the heck he's talking about so I just don't say anything. He says it again, "This is a good movie..." I'm like, "uh..." He says- "the music that's playing, it's from the movie" I say, "oh- I can't really hear anything" I wonder why, you are sucking the life out of my arm right now!!! (he freaking took my pressure TWICE IN A ROW- MY HAND STARTED TINGLING!) I tried listening to the music and it was just instrumental randomness. He says, "It's from Charly, It's a good movie". I again, don't say anything. It's very apparant now that this idiot doesn't realize I'm married and is trying to make me like him. What GUY "recognizes" the soundtrack music to CHARLY!?!?! I'm just sure he has probably heard it every single day, finally knwos where it's from and uses it as a line to pick up girls. I'm not some snobby cocky girl, trust me- I know this guy was idiotically trying to get on my good side. I finally ask him if I can take off the stupid finger snap thing, and he says "oh woops, sorry...I guess it's getting late in the day huh". Whatever. He puts me in this small room with a buzzing noise and I am just all alone in this enclosed room tapping my foot impatiently. Finally this lady comes in and looks at me like I'm a moron when I tell her I've been suffering from the worst allergies of my life. I am very friendly, and I am even laughing a little at myself to make light of the situation. She just looks at me like I'm a wuss and leaves me to my lonesome once again. Finally she tells me I can get a shot- but tells me I might have to take OTC stuff too- WHAT THE FREAK IS THE SHOT FOR THEN?! Well, I got it anyway cause it was cheap and I've heard it works- but talk about drive me crazy. A DIFFERENT person comes in and says, lay down, it's in the buttocks. Joy.


Well, that was my experience today. Now I'm in the lab waiting for my friend to study with me. Good day!

8 comments:

Emily D said...

haha your health center story is hilarious-- I've had a few visits there lately myself and I totally know what you mean-- I went a few days ago and they were super busy so the nurse lady made me completely multi-task asking me questions while I was supposed to be writing down my medications...ugh ridiculous!

I'm glad your husband is Lyme free! :) and good luck with the ADD (the meds really do help with that!)

Grandma, Nonnie said...

What a funny experience!! I can't believe he wasn't aware of your wedding ring. What a dweed. I am glad that Clay is getting well and the things taken care of that he needs. Hopefully the shot will work and your allergies will be over. I love you grandma

Patty said...

I am so glad that you are able to find out things to help both of you with your health. Your clinic story was hilarious. So sorry that the guy was such a dope. I will talk to you guys later this week. Love you. have a great day. bye now.

Megan and Greg said...

I can't believe you got a shot in the butt!!!! That's hilarious. I can't even imagine. Sorry about the guy. I'm often kinda rude and don't say hi to guys cause I never know if they're just friendly or coming on to me. Hope the allergies go away. Glad all is well with Clay.

Megan and Greg said...

I can't believe you got a another animal! Hilarious! You are gonna be like the Cook's and have birds and fish and cats and dogs. I'm so glad Greg doesn't want animals either. I stayed at a friends apt. in paris and we looked after her bunny and everytime I picked up her poop I thought, "I can't believe I'm cleaning another animals poop up. This is not how it's supposed to be, we're not getting an animal." I'm glad you love it. I really wanna know how big it actually is. You should get a pic. Is your camera broken forever?

Lizzie said...

I wish I could've been a fly on the wall watching that guy hit on you. It is hilarious!!! Did Clay think it was funny?

Sorry that Clay has Mono and ADD and can't sleep at night. He's had Mono and has been working/going to school? Crazy. He's probably so used to pushing through pain and tiredness that he didn't notice that he should be in bed. Poor guy. Does this mean you can get it??

Sorry about your allergies. I hate it when you go to the doctor, to get NOWHERE.

I love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Oh my gosh- that is so hilarious! I can't believe you got a shot in the butt! I can't believe that guy! What a freak! Didn't he notice the huge rock on your wedding finger! What a dork. Not to mention if you were single- asking you how your day was 5 times isn't going to make you like him! That is so wonderful that Clay's Lyme desease is gone! Mono- I've wondered sometiems if I have Mono, because I'm always so tired. I think Clay and I are alot alike in personality traits- the ADD- I'm sure I am ADD, I am the same way- bored- serious, and then hyper and ready to PARTY! And I do remember him being like that once when you came to visit- we allw anted to stay up- but you and megan didn't or soemthing- I really get long with Clay because I thinkw e are alot alike in some ways. I love you! I'm glad you have a great doctor- and by teh way- thankyou for teh email youw rote me a milion years ago- I'm sorry I never mentioned it- it really made me feel good, I love you so much. You're my sweetheart.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I just laughed and laughed as I read that!!! that was soooo funny! That is so cool about Clay, I know you told me most if not all of that on the phone, but I didn't notice that he said he could get rid of the add! that is awesome! Boy in the orthodox world they sure don't say that! Everyone's gone, can't wait to visit on the phone sometime. Love you!!!