Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Okay, Okay

Well, I guess I haven't posted in a week! That is probably a record for me. I don't know why. I guess we've been busy...or simply I didn't have anything to blog about. That's not REALLY true though. We have a huge fish tank in our apt with 4 fish swimming around it. We already took one back because it was biting and chasing all our other fish and replaced with with a calmer one. Turns out, they gave us the wrong fish! This fish was in the wrong tank...or something? I don't know exactly. I think Clay told them what he wanted, and they 'went and got it' but Clay didn't realize it until he took it back, that they gave him a completely different fish. Anyway, the fish tank is a lot calmer now. It's funny, we end up just sitting on the floor watching them. They are fascinating. I get bored faster than Clay does. I don't think he EVER gets bored. I have pictures but I have no way of putting them on this computer right now. That will be another post.

I really can't think of anything exciting that has gone on lately. We went to Idaho Falls last saturday for Paul's birthday. That was nice. We went to a breakfast place! Breakfast is my favorite food I think. So...I had a lovely time.

School has been...just as stressful as ever. I can't wait to graduate. I don't know if I'll ever get an internship though. I've been looking everywhere in Rexburg and they are either like, we don't know yet (if we need one) or, you can't because you don't speak spanish (that did happen). WELL, I'm just about to give in and go work for H&R Block. That's considered like...the lowest internship ever, but whatever. I just want to graduate. A kid in my class just got offers from 2 of the biggest CPA firms. Offers like...26.50 an hour with a $2000 signing bonus. JUST for an internship. I kind of wish I could do something like that, but it's not like Clay and I are going to move out to New York for 4 months so that I can get a good internship. It's not like I'm looking for a good job after graduation. Whatever. This whole process is just irritating. I would have way more options if I looked for one in Idaho Falls, but most of the options are in Winter, you know, tax season, and me driving on one of the most dangerous highways in WINTER in IDAHO, is not the best idea. Especially because I'd be going in the morning and night, not the best lighting, and the mornings the plows still plowing. So...we kind of DON'T want me to do that. I am losing hope. I wanted to do my internship next semester. It is very not likely that I could get one in the summer or fall, so that would mean I'd have to wait a whole year, and graduate even later. UGH. We'll see.

Lets see. What else has been in my life lately? Yesterday I cleaned the kitchen. That was an accomplishment. It had been messy for days....finally it got done. I felt way good. It took me an entire hour to do JUST the dishes- remember we don't have a dishwasher?

Well, there's nothing more to talk about. I'll post the pictures later. Love you all.

7 comments:

Patty said...

Glad to see that you finally got to blog. Susan had asked me whether you were sick or not because you usually blog alot more. I hope that you can find an internship really soon. I will say a prayer for you in hopes that you will get your wish. Thanks for the offer to come down and help. I am feeling alot better this week but still have a cough and a stuffed up nose but my throat feels a lot better. Have a great week. Love you.
bye now.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I forgot you didn't have a dishwasher!! I feel so bad for you!

I hope you can get an internship. Dad and I will pray also, I forgot you were looking right now.

I love the fish story! I thought he was going to have to wait until Christmas. how did that happen. I am glad he has his pets! for now anyway.

We are leaving on Monday the 19th and will get there that evening. So we will have to figure that out. If Rebecca's girls are still in school the first part of the week and I think they are, then it would be best for me to spend alone time with you at the beginning of the week. I'll talk to Rebecca. I love you and can't wait!!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

That's so exciting you get to see mom soon!- and dad! - ok the fish- what's the story there? did i not read something or hear about this? I'm guessing from mom's comment clay wanted fish for his christmas present. this is funny- because mike was just talking about how he wanted fish! how big are we talking????? take pictures!!!!!! I love you and miss you so much. you're coming for christmas right? I love you-

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I'm really sorry that school is so frusterating, I feel the pain. The .internship- I don't know wht that feels like. I'm so sorry. I feel like you're rory. heheh. What does dad have to say about H&R? I don't know what that is. does it really make that much difference, just as long as you do an internship? why do you think that boy landed those 2 interns.? I love you- good job on the dishes.

Megan and Greg said...

Ick, no dish washer! I've never experienced that EVER in my life. I'm sorry all the intern stuff isn't working out yet. Maybe something magical will happen. The fish tank sounds cool. I'm glad you guys like it. I can't believe that one fish!!!

Lizzie said...

Wow, I didn't know about the dishwasher thing either. That is unfortunate. I think I would do paper plates a lot.

I really want to see pics of the fish tank. I think it's neat that Clay loves it so much. It's kind of like a hobby.

I'm sorry about the internship. Of course that guy would get paid 26.50 if the internship is in New York or another big city. That's like getting paid 6.00 in Rexburg, if you compare cost of living. I think it is wise to stay there and especially in Rexburg if it is safer for travel. It is unfortunate that it(H&R block) is low on the totem pole for internships, but will it really affect getting a job later? I love you and can't wait for you to live here!!!!!

Susan, Blain & kids said...

Hey,
I thought maybe something was wrong because you had not blogged for so long. I am so glad Clayton got his fish he was way excited. Anyway, about the internship, I can have Blain ask his uncle again it you would like, let me know what happended with that. But don't give up hope, just keep praying for the right one to come along and it will when it is suppose to. Heavenly Father is aware of what you need so don't give up hope, it will happen. Tell Clayton hi for me and I hope that we get to see you at Thanksgiving. Patty told me that your parents are coming that is fun for you. Anyway got to go balance my check book.
Love you guys,
Aunt Susan